Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good Times

What a wonderful gift- the gift of hoops.

Today Jane and I met with sweet Madilyn's teacher for our Parent / Teacher conference. That went well, all is good. And when I arrived at the plantation, I discovered my two children playing basketball in the drive. Not one to back down from a challenge, I parked in the street so we could use the entire driveway for the court. As I dropped my backpack against the fence, sweet Jane came out to see what I was up to.

Then it happened...

Eric and Madilyn vs. Jane and Andrew. Live at Madison Square! We played hoops for a good while, laughing and yelling, disturbing the neighbors and stopping neighborhood traffic. Andrew was barefoot; Jane was wearing a long-sleeved tee; I was wearing my business casual; Madilyn wore a grin as big as all outdoors.

We don't get out very much as a family, and with as much fun as we had this afternoon, we have all we need right out in the driveway.

For our neighbors: if it embarasses you to drive by while we are playing, don't drive by.

Life is good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...