Saturday, March 1, 2008

Frustration in the Midwest

Politics, for me, is a frustrating excercise. As we careen into a November election, we are constantly bombarded by ads from party candidates who berate and condemn one another while touting their own experience, skill, ideas, yada, yada, yada. Attorneys, career polititians, men and women who come from a society completely immersed in self-preservation of their political careers often make decisions based on wo can help them with their pet projects. Finding the hard truths and sorting it from the half-truths, the aspersions, the waffling, on and on and on....

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the worst is knowing there is not a candidate in the race who believes what I believe; who holds precious the ideas of individual liberty and individual responsibility as prescribed in our constitution. Not one of the candidates represents my values, my belief system. So I am relegated again to voting for the candidate who will de-value my belief system the least.

This is an eternal political season.

However, my hope is not in government, in politicians, or in any man or woman. "Some trust in horses, some trust in chariots, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God!" Psalm 20:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...