Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sea of Galilee

While I am editing video in my office, I often turn to other tasks to while away the time. Today I read an article in World Magazine that brought to mind beautiful memories of a recent trip to Armenia and Israel; specifically the Sea of Galilee. (http://online.worldmag.com/2009/07/07/words-from-galilee-for-troubling-times/).

I was taken back by the simple beauty of the region; being there helped make the the stories of scripture seem real, seem possible. Standing on the shore; by the home of Peter's mother-in-law (Why did Peter deny Jesus? Because Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law... as told by our guide); at the foot of the hillside where Jesus taught so many.

It is a place of peace. Don't misunderstand- areas nearby are overtly commercialized- but the beauty of the gardens and the sea is unforgettable.

I wish I could remember the scriptures He taught as clearly as I remember the breeze off the sea. I wish I could see my sin as easily as I see in my mind's eye the figure of Jesus, at the bottom of the same hill where I am standing, teaching hundreds and hundreds about love and forgiveness.

My video is complete- back to work. But I retain vivid memories of the beauty of the Sea of Galilee, as well as what I have learned from Jesus who taught there two thousand years ago.

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment...